From today's Enquirer:
"This commission is a liberal defense attorney dream team. There is not a single active prosecutor on it. It included a former Ohio Supreme Court justice [Craig Wright] who vowed he'd never vote for the death penalty again, and it goes downhill from there.
"You would think it would have at least one prosecutor, somebody . . . Instead, it's packed with a bunch of liberals. There conclusion should come as no surprise. These are people who don't believe in the death penalty. They know Ohioans support it and can't change the law so they try to subvert the law."
Here's a list of the ABA panel members:
1. Craig Wright, former Ohio justice now Ohio Court of Claims judge.
2. U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Cleveland Democrat and former Cuyahoga County prosecutor.
3. State Sen. Shirley Smith, Democrat, Cleveland.
4. S. Adele Shank, Columbus attorney in private practice and former general counsel Ohio Public Defender's office.
5. U.S. Magistrate Michael Merz, Dayton.
6. Geoffrey S. Mearns, dean, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University.
7. Margery Koosed, University of Akron law professor.
8. Mark Godsey, University of Cincinnati law professor and director of the school's innocence project.
9. Phyllis Crocker, associate dean, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University.
10. David Stebbins, Columbus defense lawyer.