Pass along a news tip by clicking HERE.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Martin Luther King III To John Edwards: My Father Would Be Proud Of You

CINCINNATI (TDB) -- The son of martyred civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King has penned a letter that praises Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards. It is not exactly an endorsement, yet is more, a portrayal of Edwards as someone truly committed to Dr. King's dream of a just society. MLK III's last paragraph captures the essence:

"So, I urge you: keep going. Ignore the pundits who think this a horserace, not a fight for justice. My dad was a fighter. As a friend and a believer in my father's words that injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, I say to you: keep going. Keep fighting. My father would be proud."

No comments:

Post a Comment