Pass along a news tip by clicking HERE.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Hamilton County Juvenile Court Contest Draws Two Big Names: Democrat Dan Donnellon v. GOP's John Williams

CINCINNATI (TDB) -- The Juvenile Court job will be an open seat this year, and there is going to be a vigorous contest for the judgeship now held by the GOP. Often in the past, judicial seats were the subject of backroom political deals brokered between the two major political parties. Not this year. Democrat Dan Donnellon already has a Website. He's going to face John Williams, former director of the Hamilton County Board of Elections. Williams is now chief aide to Hamilton County Clerk of Courts Patty Clancy. Donnellon's late father, Ed, was a municipal court judge. Here's Donnellon's opening shot:

"My legal career and academic background speak for themselves. I have maintained a practice devoted to trial court litigation my entire career. I am a published author of a legal text, a frequent lecturer for the Supreme Court of Ohio, and an Adjunct Professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. I have twice been named to the list of "Ohio's Top Lawyers." But, what many Hamilton County voters may not know is my passion for the healthy development of children.

"For over 15 years, I have actively served in youth ministries in my Church. I have taught religious education, worked with special liturgies designed for children, and have been involved in Youth Group activities. But, perhaps my biggest challenge in recognizing the need for proper development and intervention for children came in 1988 when my daughter, Kelly was born profoundly Deaf. I, and my wife of 24 years, Carole immediately began to learn Sign Language and taught it to our other two children. We learned a great deal about children with difficult social and environmental challenges. I am committed to using these life-lessons in compassion and understanding to assist in the rehabilitation of Juvenile offenders."


[Ed. Note to John Williams: If you have a statement, please e-mail it to the Bellwether at Cincybellwether@Yahoo.com. Will be glad to post it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment