Pass along a news tip by clicking HERE.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland: I May Skip Second Term, Head Off To Margaritaville


CINCINNATI (TDB) -- Actually, the governor said he might move to Key West and open a T-shirt shop. I wonder if he'd sell political stuff while padding around in his flip flops. Would you find re-elect Obama items stocked on the shelves amid the shark teeth and sea shell necklaces at Ted's new store? Anyhow, Ohio's chief executive hints he may not be interested in running for a second term in 2010. With the economy tanking, the state budget facing red ink, the Democratic party headed for civil war over the Clinton-Obama nomination fight, Ohio's governor may be starting to wonder why he wanted the state's top job in the first place. Here's what he said about wasting away in Margaritaville:

"I want to say this as clearly as I can: I have a job I like. I don't know in fact what I'll do after my first term. I don't know if I'll go for a second term or get a T-shirt shop in Key West, Fla. Unless, I commit an impeachable offense, I'm going to be Ohio's governor for the next three years."

But why Key West, guv? Why not Kelleys Island in your own state's summer playground? Here's the problem with being governor. Every time you open your mouth, it seems somebody wants to bust your chops and point out that you should have spoken smarter. In this case, somebody will surely complain he plugged Florida while his economic develop department's tourist office is busily promoting the Lake Erie island.

No comments:

Post a Comment